If you want to check out a little of what happened last year, go here: Writer’s Weekend: Mt. SAC.
This year I attended the entire conference at Mt. San Antonio College (in Walnut, CA) from April 27-29. The event is hosted and run by John Brantingham and Lloyd Aquino, among a cadre of volunteers that work to put on this fantastic event for a year. I had no books to sell, but there is always next year. Maybe I’ll have my novel out by then. Maybe I’ll have a book of poetry too!
If you’d like a list of who was there reading what, see John Buckley’s blog. I feel the entire weekend was amazing. All the participants and presenters were full of creative, positive energy. I will be presenting again next year, so be aware (or beware)! I will list the workshop/presentations that I attended.
Friday, April 27
- Poetry Workshop by T. Anders Carson
- Editing Your Work Dispassionately by Martin Lastrapes
- Plot and Structure by Herschel Greenberg
- Flash Fiction by Jennifer Olds
- Publishing Workshop by Anna Faktorovich
- Fiction Workshop by Mark Haskell Smith
- Creative Nonfiction Workshop by Jo Scott-Coe
- Publishing Panel of small press and literary magazines by Kevin Lee, Shannon Therese, Ryan Sarenkani, Jack Foster, Ann Brantingham, Zack Nelson-Lopiccolo, and Cory De Silva (and a few others whose names I don’t have, sorry!).
- Writing Description That Matters by K. Andrew Turner (that’s me!)